Printmaker and watercolourist.
Lives south of Dirranbandi QLD. Married with 3 adult sons.
A lifetime of painting in water colour Belinda has been recognized by numerous awards in this medium. She has also won printmaking awards with her small Solar Plate Etchings.
- Theme is predominantly non urban with a love of birds, horses, sheep and poultry reflected in the works, along with surrounding landscape. However any subject with interesting contrast of light and shade creates inspiration.
- Style is becoming more and more impressionist as the artist wishes to distance herself from the perfect projector aided artwork we see so much of these days.
- Over her 35year career, Australian birds have probably been the artists favourite subject and her passion for them has seen the bird studies become signature pieces.
- Belinda has held a number of Solo Shows and many shared whilst also exhibiting regularly in annual art shows like Aspects in Goondiwindi and the Toowoomba Grammar art show. Her “one woman shows ” with few exceptions have been virtual sellouts and she feels fortunate to have loyal followers returning repeatedly to collect new works .
- Belinda has had some help from tutors along the way including summer school with David Taylor and printmaking with Christine Porter.
Notes on Work.
All water colours are on high quality special papers .
Etchings on German Printmaking paper.
Paintings/Etchings can be sold unframed if preferred for reduced price.
Frame materials are acid free but not museum quality.
Mats are cut by the artist and frames sent unjoined from Melbourne. Assembled by Belinda. Professional framing may be desired by purchaser.